New Theme For August: Fuck It

08/03/2014 · 7 comments

in Fuck It, Monthly Theme, Noa Gavin

LOFB - NoaDid you guys know that Fuck is one of my favorite words?

First of all–it’s fun to say. It has a nice crack to it that adds so much niceness and pepper to sentences otherwise bland.

It’s simple. Quick. Easy. You need to be sad? Fuck. You need to be happy? FUCK! You need to be mad? FUCK.

Fuck is there for you whenever you need it.

It’s one of those words that depending on how and when you say it, it means something completely new and different to every single speaker. Fuck it could mean giving up, it could also mean diving in. It could mean that you’re done, it could mean that you’re just getting started.

I love that. I want to examine that phrase this month, and what it means to each of us individually. When I say, “Fuck It,” something comes to your mind, doesn’t it?

Here’s your quick-start guide to the Most Badass Way To Goal-Set.

Finish this phrase with the first thought that comes to your mind. Don’t think, don’t judge, just say it.

“Fuck it, I’ll ______________.”

What did you say?

Was it big? Small? Scary? Exciting? Are you quitting your job? Are you diving into a relationship you were questioning, or diving out of one? Trying something new?

1. Write it down. Think about if this is something you’ve said to yourself before or not. Is it something you were willing to admit? Willing to do? Sometimes just saying, “Fuck It” can give ourselves permission to do something that frightens us.
  2. Think about why you want that thing. Are you fed up? Happy? Bored? Write it down!
  3. Think about why your life will change if you do the thing. WRITE IT DOWN.

Let’s think about this all month. Let’s say Fuck It together.

Let’s go.

Josh August 4, 2014 at 10:07 pm

Fuck it, I’ll try anything once.

Noa August 11, 2014 at 12:47 am

Hell yes!

Shannon August 5, 2014 at 6:00 am

Sounds sort of lame brain, but I printed out 31 copies of this- every morning I fill in the blank ‘Fuck it, I’ll’ space and then try to run with it through the day. It’s been interesting so far, it makes me laugh but it also makes me think. Fuck it.
Shannon recently posted..around the eyes

Noa August 11, 2014 at 12:53 am

Fuck it, do what you wanna do! This isn’t lame brain at all, it’s awesome!

Heather Heartless August 10, 2014 at 9:28 pm

Life decided to say “Fuck it” for me in the form of me being laid off right after taking out a massive car loan, despite the fact that I was the best in my department, but the only one with tits. So, I’m going to say fuck it and hike the entire Appalachian Mother Fucking Trail. If I can raise enough money to keep up the payments on the car I can no longer afford. So, I’m in between ‘fuck it’ and ‘I’m fucked’.
Heather Heartless recently posted..Ray, Heather N. vs. Wal-Mart, Inc. Part Four

Noa August 11, 2014 at 12:54 am

Goddamnit. It always feels like we’re right in between those two, but sometimes life is just a dick to you for no good reason at all. Know that we’re all on your side, Heather!

NATurally Inappropriate August 11, 2014 at 1:38 pm

I tend to say fuck it to ‘friendships’ (I use that word very loosely), I’m no longer finding valuable. Friendships come and go, and relationships ebb and flow, but for me, some of them include way too much fuckery to bother with. Most especially when the other ‘friend’ isn’t as invested in the relationship as I am. I have some friends that I don’t see/communicate with very often, yet those relationships are still very strong. However, if I have to put so much more effort into certain relationships and am getting the same fail ass result– it’s time to cut that cord and move the fuck on. I’ve found it’s far better for me, and if a relationship requires that much work– it’s probably not worth it anyway.
NATurally Inappropriate recently posted..the pages where it hurts to look…