You Are All You Need

02/23/2014 · 7 comments

in Enough, Noa Gavin

LOFB - NoaHere’s something awesome about life:

For every place you get yourself down into, every deep depressive hole, every sad moment, every bad thought–you can also get yourself back out.

You are all you need, because you are enough.

This is not to say that you can and should do everything alone, but more that you have the power within you to ask for the help that you need. Asking for help takes tremendous courage, and you have that courage within you. You have enough within yourself to seek the help you need to become the person you want to be.

You are all you need, because you are enough.

There’s something incredibly freeing in learning that you are all you need. Every triumph you directly caused. You had support around you, but you still did it. You are the one who has gotten you this far.

Because you are a fucking badass bitch. Because you are all you need, because you are enough.

Every negative thought you have is caused by you, which means that you have the power and ability to turn that around. The bad you create is inversely related to the good you create as well.

You are all you need, because you are enough.

You have the ability to do anything you can fucking dream of. You have ability to become the person you’ve always wanted to be. You have the ability to look at your past, whether good or bad, and decide what it means to you and how you want to proceed with your life. You have the ability to change everything or nothing about your life.

You are the person who has the power to change your life. Not your family, not your friends, not your spouse, not strangers on the street or online. You, and you alone, get to decide who you are and how you live life.

You are all you need, because you are enough.

Society does a really good job of telling us we are never complete, that we will never be enough. It’s a lie. The only one that gets to tell you if you’re enough is you.

Remember this: you are the biggest influence on your life. Start influencing it already.

All you need - Gavin

Roxie February 24, 2014 at 1:31 pm

But what if I am the negative influence?

Noa February 24, 2014 at 9:37 pm

Man, I know how that feels. This is the time to ask for help–from family, friends, and even therapy if you need it. Now is the time to ask others to help recognize when you’re being a bad influence on yourself and ask them to help correct you. Now is the time to ask a therapist to ask the questions you need to get yourself back on the right track.

Remember, if you have the ability to be the negative influence, you have the ability to be the positive one.

Good luck. We love you.

Mandy February 24, 2014 at 4:39 pm

Wow. I totally needed this today. I’ve been suffering from some negative thoughts in the last 24 hours and even though I KNEW it was on me to turn the frown upside down, you just smacked me in the face with it.

THANK YOU.

Noa February 24, 2014 at 9:37 pm

I love when that happens. I had a wakeup call a couple weeks ago that got me out of a bad funk. Glad you got out of yours!

Abby February 25, 2014 at 6:35 am

“You, and you alone, get to decide who you are and how you live life.”

That’s what scares the hell out of me. When I’m down so deep, I want someone to pull me out, to tell me to do X, Y and Z and everything will be “better.” I will be “happy.” The fact that I have that control I cling to is the reality check I need. It’s up to me, and some days that scares me to shit. Thank you for the reminder.
Abby recently posted..I Just Want To Be Alone

ColinP February 25, 2014 at 8:11 am

I think this is a very brave and powerful thing you ladies are trying to do. No not trying, that isn’t the right word. Doing, doing is the right word. In my experience the people with greatest/most brilliant comedic insights also have or had the darkest most crushing experiences people can ever have. They experience the most crushing levels of depression and/or addiction and it takes a tremendous amount of strength and courage to face the new day.
ColinP recently posted..Requiescat in Pace Tony Scott (06/21/1944 – 08/19/2012)

Abby February 25, 2014 at 5:24 pm

Thank you for getting it.
Abby recently posted..I Just Want To Be Alone