Well You Can’t Have It, Dirtbag

02/09/2014 · 13 comments

in Enough, Fucking Assholes, Noa Gavin

LOFB - NoaSometimes you take ‘enough’ from yourself. You tell yourself you’re not enough.

Sometimes someone else takes your ‘enough’ away.

Those people are what we happily call Fucking Assholes.

Fucking Assholes take a lot of forms. Fucking Assholes can be parents, friends, siblings, teachers, boyfriends, girlfriends, bosses, coworkers, or complete strangers who shout terrible things to you when you’re walking down the street.

Fucking Assholes must be identified and destroyed.

Figuratively. Don’t actually go out and destroy anybody because man, would I ever be sued for that.

Ask yourself one question right now: Who the fuck gets to tell you you’re not enough? No one, not even you get to tell yourself that, because by merit of being alive, you are enough. If you’re good enough because you’re alive, then you’re good enough to put things you love into the world, like art and joy and thoughts. You’re good enough to be loved. You’re good enough to be respected for the things you deserve.

The reason people want to make you feel like you’re not enough is because they feel like they’re not enough. Instead of working towards feeling better, Fucking Assholes just decide to take the shitty dickbag route and make you feel so terrible about yourself that they, in turn, are magically better than you.

Just because you think you’re better than someone, it doesn’t actually make it true.

No one gets to say you aren’t smart enough.
No one gets to say you aren’t attractive enough.
No one gets to say you aren’t lovable enough.
No one gets to say that you aren’t good enough.

You are the only judge of yourself and your abilities, only you know what you need to work on and what you want out of life.

Fucking Assholes are like cavities. They prey on the weak, neglected parts of you, and do everything they can to chip away at you one piece at a time until everything inside rots away and dies. There is no easy fix for cavities, no pain free way to repair–prevention is the only means of total painlessness.

IT’S THE SAME WITH FUCKING ASSHOLES.

Be fearless. Own who you are, faults and all. Know that you aren’t perfect, know that you can change what you want, and know that your faults are far fewer in number than your positive attributes. Know that you are such a fucking badass at life that no one can stop you, least of all a stupid Fucking Asshole.

Enough 1

Jacki February 10, 2014 at 6:06 am

I needed this today, after meeting a random-stranger variety of asshole. Apparently I wasn’t swimming fast “enough” in his lane of the public pool. Competitive dick, just didn’t like a woman in his space. I have worked really hard for a really long time to keep up with jerks like him. I started too old, too overweight and too unsure of my own ability to ever be really good, but it doesn’t mean I shouldn’t be proud of how far I’ve come and don’t deserve to swim along side his arrogant ass.

Mayor Gia February 10, 2014 at 6:23 am

PUNCH HIM IN THE DICK! Wait no, that’s probably not good advice. Let me try that again. Punch him in the dick, metaphotically.
Mayor Gia recently posted..Podcast 15: Serial Killer or Child?

Noa February 11, 2014 at 7:44 pm

Good to see we all think alike.

Noa February 11, 2014 at 7:43 pm

Fuck that guy. You’re getting your shit done, and if he’s not happy, he can wait or move. We all get a chance. What a dickbag.

Josh H D February 10, 2014 at 6:58 am

I really needed to read this Noa. Thank you.

Josh D

Noa February 11, 2014 at 7:44 pm

Glad it helped!

Misty February 10, 2014 at 7:51 am

This is so true. I’m working on that enough thing, still. But there are some real Fucking Assholes out there. A lot of them reside right inside of my brain, so I’m doing my best to kick their loud and obnoxious asses trying to tell me I’m not good enough. Like I said before, work in progress.
Misty recently posted..Two Wild and Crazy Guys!

Noa February 11, 2014 at 7:45 pm

The assholes in our brains are the hardest to silence. But we’ll get there.

Lydia February 10, 2014 at 9:18 am

I needed this. I’m finally kicking myself in the ass to start my landscaping business, despite some Fucking Assholes being snobby because I don’t have a horticulture degree. I love landscaping and I’m really fucking good at it and I’m going to make this work because I want it more than anything. Fuck yeah!

Noa February 11, 2014 at 7:45 pm

I’m so happy reading this! If you’re good, if you’ve got the will, you can do it. Starting a business is scary stuff, but doable!

PathBLaughs February 11, 2014 at 7:41 pm

Wow, this was right on time. (New commenter by the way).

You had me at the first fuck.

Wait. That didn’t come out right.

Noa February 11, 2014 at 7:46 pm

Oh, it did come out juuuuuust right. So glad you liked it! Strap in, there’s a lot coming.

injaynesworld February 12, 2014 at 12:08 pm

Right fucking on, girlfriend! Best advice I ever heard: “What others think of you is none of your business.” And yes. Just being alive means the Universe thought you were worth the time to create and who are we to argue with the Universe?
injaynesworld recently posted..injaynesworld “Hold The Hot Sauce…”