Fuckin’ Bitch Friday: “Enough” Playlist

02/06/2014 · 14 comments

in Enough, Fuckin' Bitch Friday

The more we talk about not being enough, not feeling enough, the more we realize that everyone sort of feels this way at some point in their lives.

Even really famous bitches. Let’s dance (or sometimes awkwardly sway but still feel cool emotions).

YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image

What songs mean “Enough” to you?

Mayor Gia February 6, 2014 at 9:40 pm

Hmmm… Cee Lo’s classic “Fuck you” comes to mind…
Mayor Gia recently posted..Throwback Thursday: Food Hangover

Noa February 11, 2014 at 7:16 pm

Oh so good!

miakoda February 6, 2014 at 11:33 pm

Along the lines of these songs, “Perfectly Flawed” by Otep. It’s a little comforting to be reminded now and then that everyone’s a little cracked.

However, when I tell my coworker it’s an Otep kind of day, she knows I’ve hit a different kind of enough. My tolerance level for bullshit has hit its cap and I am promptly going to close my door, ignore the phone, jam the music-buds into my earholes and fill them with sweet, cathartic, screaming rage more in the vein of “Rise, Rebel, Resist” and “Invisible”.

Oh, academia. How I wish I could quit you. Literally.

Noa February 11, 2014 at 7:17 pm

I’ve never heard of it. Thank you!!

Josh February 7, 2014 at 9:18 am

Another Foo Fighters track: “Monkey Wrench,” specifically this eruption near the end:

One last thing before I quit
I never wanted anymore than I could fit
Into my head I still remember every single word
You said and all the shit that somehow came along with it
Still there’s one thing that comforts me since I was
Always caged and now I’m free

Would you consider it unhealthy that I’ve often fantasized about howling this song through a megaphone, standing atop a moving tank, nude, aside from the blood of my persecutors?

Noa February 11, 2014 at 7:19 pm

Not if you consider it unhealthy that I will rage to “Ready To Die” by Andrew WK under similar daydreams.

Abby February 7, 2014 at 11:30 am

How can you NOT rock out to that Katy Perry song? I don’t have an “Enough” song of my own that immediately comes to mind, but “She Talks to Angels” by Black Crowes always jacks me up, as effed up as that sounds.
Abby recently posted..A Girl Has to Have Standards

Noa February 11, 2014 at 7:20 pm

Whatever works, yo. Whatever works.

Tans February 7, 2014 at 12:12 pm

“For You” by Staind. The beat, the lyrics, the jamming guitar. You had me from hello…
Tans recently posted..Friday Five – “Those People – Airport Edition”

Noa February 11, 2014 at 7:20 pm

I haven’t heard that in forever!

nadine February 7, 2014 at 12:36 pm

I feel like this is a safe space where I can fully admit that Part of Me and Roar by Katy Perry are my spirit songs.

Noa February 11, 2014 at 7:20 pm

SO GOOD RIGHT

nadine February 7, 2014 at 12:38 pm

Another song that kind makes me feel ways…. “Grace Kelly” by Mika. It just kind of resonated to me, about a particular guy, about how I’d bend and try so hard to be what he wanted, but in the end I’d never be enough.

Noa February 11, 2014 at 7:33 pm

Fuck that guy. Also, great song.