I spent 3 hours in a car playing games with my nieces. My mind…wandered.
1. I-Spy: Simple as it sounds! Just spot something around you, name the color that it is, and have your kids guess for ages. Fun for the whole family.
2. The Number Game: I’m thinking of a number between ____ and ____, can you guess what it is?! Learn number sense and have a rip-roarin’ good time!
3. 20 Questions: I-Spy for when you’re tired of guessing “snow” for the 58th time. Just think of something and have your kids ask you yes and no questions until they’re correct. Deductive reasoning skills and hours of fun.
4. Existential Questions: Why do we exist mommy? Where do we come from? Do we have a purpose? I don’t know–let’s come up with all the reasons why and why not! Have you ever heard of Richard Dawkins, kiddos? YEE HAW, strap in for depressive triggers!
5. Are We There Yet?: Light a match for every time your kids ask if you’re there yet–on a three hour trip that should have lasted a half hour. Last one to burn to death wins!
6. Tell Me Stories From Your Childhood, Mommy: Uncover repressed memories and realize just how fucked up your childhood really was while you desperately make up stories about your childhood. Why yes, we did go sledding down hills! Why, no, I didn’t run away and commit 13 felonies as a sophomore in high school! Ah, nostalgia/
7. Do You Regret Me, Mommy?: Sometimes.
8. Where Does Daddy Go On The Weekends?: You know, if I knew, I would tell you. Why don’t we ask Daddy while he’s driving through the snow, yeah? Daddy, where do you go on the weekends? Do you care to explain those expensive phone bills? Daddy? DADDY?
9. What Is A Scrotum?: It’s uh…uh…don’t touch those.
10. Off A Cliff: I’m just so fucking done, you guys. Mommy can’t take it anymore.