Funny Bitch Friday: In The Powder Room

10/10/2013 · 6 comments

in Funny Bitch Friday

I just want to lead this off by saying no, they didn’t pay me to write this to you.

In the realm of ITPR ladies, where everyone is so chicly dressed and mingling amongst one another at a party, I’m standing in the corner of the room, looking like a gecko caught inside, wondering at my own incompetence. They’re good, really good, and I think if you’re not already reading it, you should be.

ITPR is 2/2 things I admire the fuck out of:

1) It’s actually really entertaining to read
2) It’s consistent (-ly good, funny, updated, smart, intimidating)

They set out on a mission to feature good posts from good-er writers, and they do not disappoint.

Here’s just a little of what they have to offer.

Baby Name Do-Over

No More Breaking Bad For Us

Clothes Shopping Is The 7th Circle Of Hell

I Ran Off With The Band

The Wife Cold

Behind The Mom-Shaming Moments

This Week’s Thursday Throwdown Witch Of Eastwick Is:
Liz Rosema:Lost: THE TAMPON IS UP HERE SOMEWHERE. Quick little brain race through all those tampon horror stories the other girls told in the bathroom when you were twelve.
Here’s exactly what that looks like on film.

tumblr_m13h8v3oO71qgj96oo1_400

Abby October 11, 2013 at 6:07 am

The fact that they let me into their stall a couple times despite the fact that I don’t even OWN lipstick and have one “real” bra that I wear calls their character into question, but it’s always nice to see popular websites donate to charity (me.) With that said, your story in the “Lipstick” book was one of my favorites. The Lipstick ladies kick ass ;)
Abby recently posted..Odds and Ends

Mayor Gia October 11, 2013 at 6:33 am

I need to go to that site more. I see good bloggers on it (see Abby above) but for some reason, I never click on the link. Pure laziness, I guess.
Mayor Gia recently posted..Costume Idea: Gia Cyrus and Boyfriend Thicke

nadine October 11, 2013 at 8:34 am

that gif is gonna be me when i die and then try to awkwardly haunt people.

Dana the Biped October 11, 2013 at 12:12 pm

I read ITPR posts, and then I came back here to comment just as Thriller was coming to a close on my iPod. I scrolled down, hi gif! Bye gif! And the Thriller began laughing.
Dana the Biped recently posted..Happily Ever After, Cat Edition!

Misty October 11, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Ha! Mummy comeuppance! Nice. Wait, or is it mummy come-downance? Hmmm.
Misty recently posted..Walk This Way

Liz Rosema October 11, 2013 at 3:36 pm

Ha! Ha! I am proud of that one.
I thought to myself “things that are horrible…lost tampons are really horrible”
Multiple personality the second: “no no you can’t write that – it’s unspeakably horrible”
More different me: “It’s so horrible it’s perfect. I am doing it …la la la comment and submit.”
Liz Rosema recently posted..Absurd Cards II