Funny Bitch Friday: Hanzi Smatter

10/17/2013 · 6 comments

in Funny Bitch Friday

So rarely do I see a blog with this kind of innate genius.

Hanzi Smatter doesn’t try to be funny. It doesn’t try to be witty or cute or go for the joke.

It does just one thing: tell you that your Chinese tattoo doesn’t mean what you think it means.

Thousands of bros and misguided peoples get Chinese character tattoos every year, and 1/100 means what you think it means. The rest are delightful gibberish or fake, or my favorite: mean something terrible. Delight in other people’s mistakes with me!

Sherry B

Tamara M

B Kane

Al

Penny A

Hooked On Pot

This Week’s Thursday Throwdown Waikiki Is:
Grace: Hungover coworker that tried to sober up with chicken curry
This is how I feel about how gross that is.

tumblr_mtzh79QaO21rves7ho1_250

Bill G. October 17, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Goddamn that GIF is funny (unless you’re the one coming home to a snowstorm of your own trash on the front lawn).

Bill G. October 17, 2013 at 11:10 pm

I totally believe this about Oriental character tattoos. I knew a Japanese kid in high school who was always looking horrified at T-shirts and large back window stickers on Subarus and Hondas that were souped-up for racing. He was not the kind of kid to lie about this (kid was straight as an arrow, he once turned in a wallet with $80 in it) and he usually wouldn’t tell me what it actually said (he has hinted about sex with relatives and various barnyard animals).

Pinky Poinker October 18, 2013 at 2:14 am

At first I thought… ohhhh the film’s been put in reverse… then I realised it couldn’t have been cos the garbage was all over the lawn. My husband looking at it beside me and I just cracked up.
Pinky Poinker recently posted..Do You Think Pinky Sounds Like a Wanker?

Mayor Gia October 18, 2013 at 6:34 am

Oh that is a FANTASTIC blog idea. I wonder what my “love peace harmony” tattoo really means?!?
Mayor Gia recently posted..Our First Podcast!

Dana the Biped October 18, 2013 at 1:04 pm

That .gif is like an interpretive dance of how the month of July went for me: Shit. Every-damn-where.
Dana the Biped recently posted..Hops in the Right Direction: It’s a Journey, and This One’s Wet

Banana Stickers October 18, 2013 at 1:14 pm

“More Wow Than Sham Wow” <– fuck yes.
Banana Stickers recently posted..I will twerk on a corpse and all over this awkward situation