My high school regularly hired teachers with no teaching degrees–or degrees at all. My college regularly employed professors who used the word “guess-tures” when she meant gestures and who was completely unaware of Walt Disney’s connection to both Mickey Mouse and the Disney corporation.
As a result, I am what I am. I’m convinced that if my high school or college had employed instructors with actual real training and will to teach, I might be a functional adult instead of eating like a toddler and getting to work around 5 pm every day.
What should we have been taught? Add your submissions into the comments below!
Joke-Off: Subjects That Should Have Been Taught
- Sleep Is Your Enemy: How To Sleep Without The Aid Of Alcohol
- Home Hair Dye Technique: Not Even Once
- Cargo Pants: Enemy Or Best Friend Ever?
- A History Of Not Trying Too Hard
- Facebook Is Public As Fuck
- Don’t Take Photos Of Yourself Ever For Any Reason
- It Never Goes Away: People Will Always Be This Dramatic
- What’s News? Deciphering Truth From Fiction In Today’s Journalism
- Does He Mean That? Nope.
- Photoshopping Your Way To Awesome
- General Finance: Welcome To The Real World
- 36 Hours Of Netflix: Learning The Warning Signs Of Addiction
- It’s Not Who You Know, It’s How Hard You Fuck Them: Getting To The Top
- BUT YOU HAVE TO WATCH IT: Dealing With Friends Who Won’t Let TV Shows Go
- Most People Are Average: Even You
- What Came Out Of My Body: Practical Health Class
- Physical Education: You Won’t Be Thin For Long
- History: Everything You’re Learning Is Wrong
- Doing Your Taxes: The Math You Need To Know
- Vitamin D and Me: Why Going Outside Is Hard In Adulthood
- Are You TOTALLY Sure?: Practical Parenting
- Mompetition: Parenting Isn’t Enough Anymore
- The Science Of Food Safety: Two Weeks Is Too Long For Mac and Cheese
- It’s All Relative: Avoiding Guilt
- Happy Birthday, ME: Why Throwing Yourself An Adult Birthday Party Is Weird