Joke-Off: Unusual Comic-Con Cosplay Ideas

03/27/2013 · 14 comments

in Joke Off

This year, at Dallas Comic Con, I’ll be attempting Cosplay for the first time. I’m fucking terrified that I’ll show up and look like a huge dumbass, but I’m thankful that I’m made fun of enough in real life that it probably won’t affect me too much. I’ve been rolling through a lot of ideas–most terrible, some offensive, only about half do-able–and that got me thinking about other ideas that could come true.

For those of you who don’t know: cosplay is dressing as a character from your favorite show, comic, movie, anime, game, and so on. For instance, this fantastic genderbent Harley Quinn and Joker from Batman:

tumblr_m1sg06vII81r9mwpno1_500

Fucking great, right? Add your submissions into the comments below–winner of the Throwdown tomorrow gets a nonsense gif!

Joke-Off: Unusual Comic-Con Cosplay Ideas

• Guy Fieri’s Shirt Flames
  • Realistic Adult Harry Potter (complete with crippling alcohol addiction and inflated sense of self-worth)
  • Batman’s Mom and Dad
  • A Harley Quinn Novel Heroine
  • Carl from The Walking Dead–You’re never where you’re supposed to be
  • Sailor Pluto According To Current Scientific Knowledge
  • Mike Degrasse Tyson
  • Stephen Hawkeye
  • Storm And Her Friend, Al Roker In A Gorton Fisherman’s Hat
  • Patrick Bat(e)man-Batman wearing a clear raincoat and carrying an ax
  • JK Rowling’s Money
  • Stephenie Meyer’s Imagination
  • Thomas George Jefferson
  • A Man Learning What Rule 34 Really Means
  • Rand Paul
  • The Artist Formerly Known As Prince Harry
  • Chelle Tanner, Aperture’s Full House Crossover
  • Notorious BIG Daddy From Bioshock
  • Current Carrie Fisher As Slave Leia
  • Hal Michael Jordan
  • Billy Zane from Titanic
  • The Black Ron Swanson
  • Liz Lemon Taylor

Off to craft my Black Swan-son costume immediately.

From Nova: My gym change room is also the change room for a swimming pool, and I guess the floor-cleaning method of choice is to spray everything down, power-wash style. Well last week the lifeguard forgot to check if anybody was in the stalls before hitting them with the hose. And I was in there. She only got my knees down but it actually really scared me!
Mayor Gia March 27, 2013 at 6:51 am

A sex toy from 50 shades of gray
Mayor Gia recently posted..Girls

Misty March 27, 2013 at 8:24 am

Noa – I will pay you a million dollars if you go as a butt plug.
Misty recently posted..Another One Bites the Dust Cover

Valerie March 27, 2013 at 9:00 am

I’ll throw another $5 on top of that… So, it’s a million and five dollars…
Valerie recently posted..Tijuana… Where tequila flows like water and I am a God.

Emelie March 27, 2013 at 8:55 am

Sex and the City girls – walking around in ridiculous shoes, flirting with everything male that moves, and then freaking out when it doesn’t end in marriage.

That’s the best my pre-coffee mind has got. It’s likely that I will return with more.
Emelie recently posted..This Isn’t a Real Post as Much as a Beg for Your Attention.

Janene March 27, 2013 at 9:44 am

ShamWow/Slap Chop Guy. Because, hello, memorable much?

Melonie March 27, 2013 at 9:59 am

“Sailor Pluto According To Current Scientific Knowledge” – I didn’t know whether to laugh or cry at this one.
And with Batman’s parents, would that be the zombie version? Although I am rawther partial to Mike Degrasse Tyson. You’ve got a lot of potential winners here.
Melonie recently posted..Dollar Daze – Your Moment of Zen

Holly Folly March 27, 2013 at 10:24 am

I think you should go as Bilbo, but after he gave up the ring but before he got all old looking. So basically you could spend an entire day walking around dressed as a hobbit, mistaking poeple for Frodo and asking if they have seen your ring. Any tall guy with a beard becomes Gandalf. BOOM. Done. Memory loose Bilbo. Bonus points if you carry around a map that is upside down.
Holly Folly recently posted..We Fixed the Washer. Twice.

Koleslaw March 27, 2013 at 11:02 am

Goatse (put on lipstick so your mouth looks like a butthole)
Koleslaw recently posted..What I’ve Been Playing

Doreen March 27, 2013 at 12:29 pm

42 – from Hitchhiker’s

Skylar March 27, 2013 at 1:30 pm

I just wanted to say that the whole “Stephenie Meyer’s Imagination” is close to non-existent. So does this idea mean that you will be going naked to the con?

Dana the Biped March 27, 2013 at 1:46 pm

-Minnie Mouse Slave Leia
-Joss Whedon’s kill-list
-Nathan Fillion’s Armpit Hair
-Harley Quinn’s Cleavage (oh wait, that’s been done)
-Steampunk Steve Jobs
Dana the Biped recently posted..It’s Been Nice Knowing You, But Now I’m Headed toward Certain Doom.

Jen March 27, 2013 at 4:10 pm

*Loki’s Burden of Glorious Purpose

*Stan Lee’s Immortal Soul

*Nathan Fillion’s Testicles (of course)

*A ComiCon Attendee Who No Longer Lives in His Parents’ Basement or Works at Best Buy
Jen recently posted..Conversations With Jess: Burgers, Beyonce, and Break-Ups