Funny Bitch Friday: Tig Notaro

02/08/2013 · 11 comments

in Funny Bitch Friday

Sometimes there are female comedians: Anjela Johnson, Lisa Lampanelli, Whitney Cummings.

And then sometimes there are female goddamn comedians: Tina Fey, Lucille Balls, Carol Burnett, and Tig Notaro. You might have seen her on every late night show ever, her Professor Blastoff podcast, or my wet dreams.

She’s unbelievable. She’s refreshing and creative and different and she never fails to have me rolling. Her new(est) special, Live (only 5 fucking dollars), takes it to a whole new level. Let me show you why that $5 is so worth it.

YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image YouTube Preview Image

This Week’s Thursday Throwdown Winner:

Poppses with: “Culinary Studies I: That’s Not a Potion Ingredient, It’s Kale!”

Isn’t it always? (You guys, kale is super super gross.) In honor of your new potions master appointment, here is your prize!

wVrWoUA

{ 10 comments }

Mayor Gia February 8, 2013 at 6:44 am

I know of Tig! Boyfriend brought her into my world.
Mayor Gia recently posted..I’m Martha &#*$^@ Stewart!

Christine @ FLY FISH CHICK February 8, 2013 at 7:16 am

No Moleste is my absolute favorite. I’ve watched it a thousand times…I have my 13-year old daughter hooked on it cracks me up how many times/ways she works it into our daily life.

yeah, we heart tig
Christine @ FLY FISH CHICK recently posted..Lower Broad Strokes

Misty February 8, 2013 at 8:16 am

This is the second time I’ve seen Tig blogged about in the last couple weeks. Jules of Go Jules Go (not sure if you know about her) did an entire post about her Live show, and about how powerful and raw and poignant it was. I never broke down and paid the $5 to get it, but I’m thinking I now have to. I saw Tig when she was first on Last Comic Standing (yes, the hubs and I ARE the only 2 people in America that still watched that show!). She is hysterical.
Misty recently posted..Rain on My Parade

Lovelyn February 8, 2013 at 10:57 am

Tig Notaro is so funny. I’d only heard her Taylor Dane bit before.
Lovelyn recently posted..Our Conversations

Dana the Biped February 8, 2013 at 2:09 pm

Sigh. My office disabled videos. Probably because of Funny Bitch Fridays. And possibly because of my lack of Friday afternoon productivity.

Motherfucker.
Dana the Biped recently posted..If You’ve Ruined My French Fries, I Will Never Forgive You

Alexandra February 8, 2013 at 6:16 pm

I adore here.

Her itty bitty titty bit.

and her “no moleste” bit

and her Taylor Dane bit.

I LOVE HER.
Alexandra recently posted..On Feeling Lonely

Jaime February 9, 2013 at 1:10 pm

I love Tig Notaro… I listen to Professor Blastoff every week!

Laura February 11, 2013 at 10:05 pm

OH DEAR GOD, THIS IS WHY I LOVE YOUR BLOG!

So a few years back I was watching Comedy Central with my brother and we saw Tig Notaro’s stand- up special, long story short we laughed our asses off and even today occasionally turn to one another and very seriously say, “I have boobs, they’re just concave.” We could never find her again though…

UNTIL THIS FUNNY BITCH FRIDAY!

You would not believe how happy (and totally silver) I am right now! Cannot wait to see my brother to show him this
Laura recently posted..Feeling the Love

Wanda the Whackadoodleologist February 14, 2013 at 6:32 pm

Just caught up with Tig. Thanks for sharing, Noa!
Wanda the Whackadoodleologist recently posted..Hearts, Y’all

zebra February 16, 2013 at 5:12 am

She was never invited on Letterman or Leno or Ellen. Not even Kimmel. Her bad reputation as a liar and thief overcame her stories of cancer. She claims to be cured now. She’s one sick lady but only in the head. Very few people tolerate old lesbians with annoying nicknames and reputations as liars and thieves.