Funny Bitch Friday: The Party Princess

01/11/2013 · 7 comments

in Funny Bitch Friday

I’ve written many a paper and hated on many a Disney aspect–Disney is racist, misogynist, and holy fuck you guys, I love the shit out of some Disney.

I’m deeply ashamed of my love for them, but I, like many others, was taken on that Princess train from a very young age. I was Belle, Jasmine, and Pocahontas for three separate Halloweens, and will admit to seeing Tangled and Brave in theaters, as an adult, with my husband. I also went to DisneyWorld last year with my 5-year-old nieces, and it was neck-and-neck as to who was more excited to be there.

So when I ran across The Party Princess, I was both wary and excited, as I am about most princess endeavors. Written by an artist-turned-party-princess from a sort of, “well, this is happening in my life,” perspective, I can’t get enough. It’s engaging and interesting and funny and I love it.

#1: Becoming Paid Royalty

#2: The Princess Cult

#3: The Parent Nightmare

#4: Change Behind A Dumpster

#5: Princess Comics

#6: Don’t Hit Cinderella With Your Car

This Week’s Thursday Throwdown Winner Is:

Misty: “Loving Mother, Daughter and Friend. Except for you. I always hated you.”

Congratulations, Misty! You win the knowledge that I’ll have that on my headstone, and also this:

tumblr_mgc13aURp81qjvsoxo1_250

{ 6 comments }

Mayor Gia January 11, 2013 at 6:47 am

I am now fascinated by this party princess blog. Excuse me for ten hours.
Mayor Gia recently posted..Trivet making is also hard

Misty January 11, 2013 at 7:43 am

Ha! That’s TOTALLY how I wash my car. How did you know, Noa? And that damn Obama. Universal healthcare and bans on assault rifles totally ruin my car washing groove!
Misty recently posted..Calamity Jane

The Cotton Floozy January 11, 2013 at 12:14 pm

Party Princesses Interrobang. I am going to let all of my princess-dress-wearing-cross-dresser-friends know about this (as the British say) immejiately.

L.A. January 11, 2013 at 7:55 pm

I had Jasmine and Mulan under my belt for Halloween — never got to be Belle, but GODDAMN, I wanted that yellow dress. I’d dress up like a princess today.

NO SHAME.
L.A. recently posted..I am “the ladies.”

elizabeth-FiP January 12, 2013 at 11:00 am

Funny Bitch Fridays…this shit is ALWAYS legit.

I was rooting around the junkyard I call my office last night looking for a notepad and found one from the amazing and huge pile of gifts you sent my way for my birthday and it made me miss you so fucking hard.

I hope you are well and offending people left and right just like the Noa I know and love.

Bill G. January 12, 2013 at 11:14 am

I don’t know where you got that video of me washing the car.