Funny Bitch Friday: xkcd

09/14/2012 · 9 comments

in Funny Bitch Friday

Sometimes when I’m all alone and I get really angry about the enormous amount of plotholes in Stark Trek: TNG and the fact that Joss Whedon made that shit look so easy SO WHY WAS DEANNA TROI EVEN A THING, I feel like too much of a nerd.

Sometimes when I’m standing in the shower and I try to comprehend how space and time move together, and how some physicists are wondering if time, as a fabric, has already played out completely and oh my god does that mean Deja Vu is a thing, I think I worry about really fucked up things.

Sometimes when I laugh at really inappropriate jokes (Why did Sally fall off the swing? She didn’t have any arms.) I think I’m too fucked up.

And everytime I read xkcd, I feel better about all of these things. It’s smart, it’s funny, and if you don’t already love it, you will.

I might as well start calling this, “You’re Not Getting Work Done Friday.”

From Dana the Biped: “My motivational tool? Invite a particularly judge-y friend over. Does the trick every time.”
Becky September 14, 2012 at 2:44 am

Bwa ha ha. Love it. Thanks again for another wonderful tip on finding the funny.
Becky recently posted..The Cat just Dragged Me Back In

Bill G. September 16, 2012 at 11:19 am

Second that. Good stuff!

Mayor Gia September 14, 2012 at 6:41 am

Aw, I love them. Although sometimes I don’t get the joke. Sigh. Damnit, science. Thwarting me again!
Mayor Gia recently posted..#*&!$! Halloween Candy

Mandi September 14, 2012 at 11:16 am

Thankfully, I’ve already been following this one for a few years, so I won’t lose my Friday.

Bonus: the hover text usually has a bonus joke.
Mandi recently posted..The Grumbles McRantyPants Guide to Human Interaction

Dana the Biped September 14, 2012 at 1:39 pm

That’s actually what my boss calls it already!
Dana the Biped recently posted..Five Things About Me You’re Gonna Wish You Didn’t Know, Or, A Bipedian English Dictionary Is in the Works

Stacey September 14, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Brilliant. I’m totally going to start doing that “So, it has come to this” thing.
Stacey recently posted..On the Difference Between Cats and Dogs

Bill G. September 14, 2012 at 7:58 pm

I always thought Deanna Troi was a fucking bitch. It always bugged me how she’d be-bop up to the bridge at her leisure and sit next to Picard like the fucking toad that she is. What is your fuckin job. “Captain, I sense a presence.” “No shit, they’re on the giant TV that IS the forward wall.” Go back to your head-shrinker office and wait for Geordi to show up complaining about how sexually frustrated he is. (If you wanted to chase pussy, LaForge, you should’ve saved up for a ticket to Eroticon III. You’re choice of duty in life is only slightly smarter than going to Vulcan to study existentialism, where laughing is punishable by Spock’s mother putting her spiked foot in your ass.)

After that episode where Troi lost her telepathic powers, acted like even more of a stuck-up bitch, and everybody kissed her ass and apologized to her at the end, I always hoped a time-space warp would cause to wake up with 10,000 insects in her underpants, fuckin whore. (Oops, can’t call her a whore. She never got a date because she was too busy being too good for everyone. Resign from Fartfleet and go be a trophy wife on planet twatwaffle, that’s all you’re fucking good for.)

I always had a thing for the doctor–Crusher, not that sack of shit Pulaski. She’s another one that needs to get sucked into a black hole. But I digress…

Eleanor September 15, 2012 at 11:46 pm

I love that comic.

As an FYI, your link isn’t working. Looks like it tried to put in it twice. Goes to xkcd.cottp://xkcd.com.
Eleanor recently posted..Wait….there’s MORE???