Funny Bitch Friday: Carol Burnett

06/29/2012 · 17 comments

in Funny Bitch Friday

When I was a kid and my mother was over-her-head sick of watching kid’s shows, she’d put on I Love Lucy or The Carol Burnett Show. They were shows that she enjoyed, were funny, and wouldn’t warp my tiny brain into a pit of mighty terror and violence–yet. With a childhood like that, it’s hard not to want to grow up to make people laugh.

I have always loved Carol Burnett. She got into the business by sheer force of will. She was never afraid to do anything asked of her as long as it helped her get somewhere, just short of blowing everyone in Hollywood. She did her own stunts, sang her own songs, and created characters that are still remembered today.

She’s a master. Here are some of my favorite Carol Burnett sketches. If you remember her, I hope you enjoy seeing these again. If this is the first time you’ve ever seen her, I think you’ll be surprised how amazingly well her humor stands the test of time.

No Frills Airline

YouTube Preview Image

Wrong Number

YouTube Preview Image

Went With The Wind 1

YouTube Preview Image

Went With The Wind 2

YouTube Preview Image

The Intercom

YouTube Preview Image

Star Trek

YouTube Preview Image

She’s a dynamo.

Favorite Comment From The Last Post:
From Jana: “While doing the walk of shame through my college campus, apparently my underwear fell out of the leg of my pants. Not one but TWO people were calling me to pick up what I had lost, I didn’t look back, I totally pretended I didn’t speak English. (Apparently I was Swedish for the day)”
Mayor Gia June 29, 2012 at 6:40 am

Aw, she’s a classic.
Mayor Gia recently posted..Happy Birthday, Boyfriend!

Cassandra Park June 29, 2012 at 6:30 pm

She really is. I love her interest.
Cassandra Park recently posted..Get Rock Hard Erection with Herbs and Vitamins

Dani June 29, 2012 at 6:51 am

J’adore Carol Burnett. The skit with Tim Conway talking about Siamese elephants joined at the trunk will cause me to laugh myself into a pants wetting asthma attack every day of the week.
Dani recently posted..The Fairest In The Land

Jen June 29, 2012 at 8:31 am

I grew up with her as well. Carol Burnett’s humor got me through a pretty horrific time in my life and for that I will be ever in awe of her.
Jen recently posted..Conversations With Jess: Civil War and Java Jugs

Starle June 29, 2012 at 11:13 am

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Ya’know, this is the first one of your posts that I am forwarding to my grandparents. (please let them not click on anything else!)
We used to watch the Carol Burnett show and the Muppets and All in the Family. Wow, the ’70’s were…um…i think everyone was drunk?
Starle recently posted..I get to be embarrassed to be American today. (Thanks) Subtitled: Why there are Slugs in my Pants

Bill G. July 1, 2012 at 11:49 am

I once saw a really good compilation of the original Star Trek clips put to the music of Jefferson Airplane “Go Ask Alice”. It all makes sense if you watch it from the standpoint that they were high as a kite most of the time.

Jana June 29, 2012 at 11:25 am

You forget how funny she is until you go back and watch those clips…..damn I love her!
Jana recently posted..Dear Twatbagders…..suck it

Jewel Field July 10, 2012 at 10:36 pm

Yes, you are right Jana. She is a great actress. I enjoy watching the videos.
Jewel Field recently posted..HERBS AND VITAMINS TO BOOST MEN’S SEX LIFE

Chooplah June 29, 2012 at 12:31 pm

I grew up on her, too. My mom used to say I couldn’t watch threes company and I always thought it was an evil show for some reason, until one day when I was in my 20s and watched an episode and realized it was benign. I called her and asked her why I couldn’t watch it growing up and she said “oh, it’s just a crap show. I wanted to fill you with Carol Burnett, not that shit.”
Chooplah recently posted..The Mysteries of Facebook Explained in 2 Easy Pie Charts

Valerie June 29, 2012 at 3:21 pm

Ooooohhhh…. Carol B. Is the bomb diggity… I just loved watching her growing up.

However, my parents did let me watch a lot of horror too. I guess they wanted to keep shit balanced.

Valerie recently posted..That’s the plan. Rule the world. You and me. Any day.

Mark D.French June 29, 2012 at 5:14 pm

I know Carol Burnett, she is an all in one artist, can be a singer, comedian and an actress.

Jenny Kier July 11, 2012 at 1:50 am

She is very talented actress. I love watching all her videos.
Jenny Kier recently posted..Sex : How to Improve your Sexual Performance

toni in florida June 29, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Thank you for reminding me just how much I love Carol Burnett and her whole crew. Together, they created pure comic gold.
toni in florida recently posted..Common as Dirt

Bill G. July 1, 2012 at 11:47 am

Love Carol Burnett, used to watch that show all the time.

Shelbie Loni July 3, 2012 at 1:48 am

I love all the videos. So, interesting to watch.
Shelbie Loni recently posted..Natural Remedies for Men who Want to Enhance their Sexual Performance

Bill G. July 3, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Right on, it used to be on when I came home from school every day. Pure gold. Makes me glad that my family TV in the 70s only got three channels. It was Carol Burnett or soaps on the other two channels. Thanks, rural Wyoming TV, for steering me right.