Funny Bitch Friday: The Oatmeal

03/30/2012 · 23 comments

in Funny Bitch Friday

If for nothing else, you should love and adore The Oatmeal for The Motherfucking Pterodactyl.

This crazy bastard and his creepy eyes were how I first found The Oatmeal, and everything Inman’s written and drawn ever since have kept me there. And if you’re not already reading it, then you’re so badly missing out on one of the greatest internet joys there is outside of this video.

The Motherfucking Pterodactyl

What We SHOULD Have Been Taught Our Senior Year In High School

The Saddest Thing I’ve Ever Heard On An Airplane

If My Brain Were An Imaginary Friend

How A Web Design Goes Straight To Hell

What It Means When You Say Literally (everyone should read this)

Minor Differences One, Two, Three, Four, And Five

I frequently reference The Oatmeal for punctuation and usage questions, as well as to sing along to The Motherfucking Pterodactyl. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

From Carrie: “I once heard a man we know say that he had to vote for Obama (in the primary) because he could never vote for a woman. Sadly, this was evidence of how enlightened he had become. I was very proud he could even fathom voting for a black man. I know some very special people.”

{ 22 comments… read them below or add one }

Abby March 30, 2012 at 6:14 am

The Oatmeal is like nothing else out there. When I saw the one about my cat plotting to kill me and proper comma usage, I knew I had found my Tribe…my dysfunctional, completely effed up, way smarter than me Tribe.
Abby recently posted..Driving Aunt Mable

Noa May 2, 2012 at 3:40 pm

When I need to check punctuation, I turn to The Oatmeal.

US Schools: TAKE NOTE.

Mayor Gia March 30, 2012 at 6:37 am

Ha! I love the Oatmeal. I was just thinking about him yesterday because that religion v atheism war he spawned on twitter due to his last two comics. He’s awesome.
Mayor Gia recently posted..Boyfriend and Popcorn and Spoons, Oh My!

Noa May 2, 2012 at 3:43 pm

I want to post that on Pinterest SO BAD.

Mandi E. March 30, 2012 at 6:54 am

In the period between August ’09 and June ’10, my household moved, in its entirety, 4 times. And it was a 2 bedroom apartment, so that’s a lot of shit, Skippy. Needless to say, “move” is a 4-letter word in our house these days. So when I saw the title, “Sure, I’d LOVE to help you move this weekend!” I became all atwitter. Two minutes later I was cackling like a mad circus midget.

This comic makes my brain joygasm.
Mandi E. recently posted..WTF Friday: Top Dollar Paid for Dirty Souls

Noa May 2, 2012 at 3:44 pm

I sort of love having a fucked-up shoulder so I can use that as a non-moving excuse.

tova March 30, 2012 at 9:27 am

For Me it is all about the bobcats. Oh the Oatmeal.
tova recently posted..It just keeps getting better.

Noa May 2, 2012 at 3:45 pm

Sadly, I just can’t get into the Bobcats.

Misty March 30, 2012 at 10:06 am

His ability to make tutorials on grammar not only informative but funny is what sold me. All hail the Oatmeal!
Misty recently posted..Weekly Whacked: Return of the Whack

Noa May 2, 2012 at 3:46 pm

He’s hilariously genius. I envy him so.

Jen March 30, 2012 at 12:52 pm

The Oatmeal had me at How To Beat Up a Dolphin. Every time I read them I feel as if the Mother Ship is calling me home.
Jen recently posted..Foodie Friday: Back to the Farm

Noa May 2, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Also, how long can you stay chained to a bunk bed with a Velociraptor.

Britt March 30, 2012 at 12:54 pm

He is one funny sonofabitch. Seriously, that guy gets me like my gyno gets my vag.
Britt recently posted..Your Pictures Are Stupid; I Can’t Look Away

Noa May 2, 2012 at 3:47 pm

You must have a really spectacular gyno.

Bill G. March 31, 2012 at 8:43 am

I’ve never seen the Oatmeal, this is funny shit. For “How a Web Design Goes Straight to Hell”, he must’ve been channeling my boss (probably the entire front office). You’ll have a project that is going great and you’re ready to execute, but suddenly every front-office boss has to put their little finishing touch on it. Before you know it, it’s all going to shit and it becomes your fault.

Noa May 2, 2012 at 3:50 pm

I want to hug all web designers. I’m a horrible web design customer. It’s usually easier if I just say, “Hey, I’m a fuckwad. Do what you think is good?”

Starle April 1, 2012 at 10:29 am

I fucking love The Oatmeal. I think the funniest one is – Why I Believe Printers Were Sent From Hell To Make Us Miserable. And all along I thought it was my kids that had that job. Who knew?
Starle recently posted..MUM LOOK!

Noa May 2, 2012 at 3:53 pm

PRINTERS ARE THE FUCKING DEVIL

Mitch Mitchell April 1, 2012 at 1:32 pm

The Oatmeal is a great site and very funny. There’s another site that’s pretty funny as well, though almost no new content since last year, but if you want to laugh up a storm try this post out: http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/11/dogs-dont-understand-basic-concepts.html
Mitch Mitchell recently posted..Santorum & Gabby Brothers?

Noa May 2, 2012 at 3:55 pm

Oh man, I LOVE Hyperbole!

elizabeth- flourishinprogress April 17, 2012 at 11:46 am

I pee a little in my pants every time I go to this site.
elizabeth- flourishinprogress recently posted..Monday Dare: Are you a runner? And not the kind on a treadmill.

Noa May 2, 2012 at 3:56 pm