Funny Bitch Friday: Hark, A Vagrant

01/20/2012 · 29 comments

in Funny Bitch Friday

Hark, A Vagrant is an enigmatic webcomic that either you know everything ever about and fucking love or you look around for the Vagrant that I have hailed in the most Shakespearean manner possible.

This beautifully done site is the perfect balance of intelligence, well-done drawings, and satire out your nana’s b-hole. That’s a whorefecta, if you’re counting. Click any of the photos to view the original page.

Part Of A Series. Click To See All (It's Worth It!)

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do. Go check her out!

From Beth: “I have a 3 year old nephew in New Jersey who repeats everything his father and stereotypical Italian mother say. I was visiting this past weekend when he heard me say “fucking stupid.” In all honesty “fucking stupid” is a regular adjective in my vocabulary, so i wasn’t even aware I was saying it. He stopped me to say “Bes (he has a lisp), we don’t say fucking.” He then went on to tell me all the other words he is not allowed to say: We don’t say stupid, We don’t say shut up, We don’t say jerk, We don’t say dammit, We don’t say shit, We don’t say slutbagwhore, We don’t say frisking, We don’t say Jesus Christ, We don’t say die in a fire. I was impressed! My brother has taught him to curse, but prefaced every word with “we don’t say,” so people will think he has manners.”

Pish Posh January 20, 2012 at 12:40 am

I LOVE this site! Brilliant choice.

I especially love what she does with hipsters
Pish Posh recently posted..Freaky Friday: The Third Testicle

Jen January 21, 2012 at 4:21 pm

She is the raddest thing to come out of Canada since poutine and Nathan Fillion. By the way, Pish, your blog won’t let me comment. :( Disqus hates my ass.
Jen recently posted.."Wheel! Of! FORTUNE!!!"

Noa January 24, 2012 at 12:45 am

@PishPosh: She turns things in the most brilliant ways. I, too, love her.

@Jen: Who would have thought you’d bring up the Canada thing. WE GET IT. YOU HAVE BETTER HEALTHCARE.

RaeAnn January 20, 2012 at 4:48 am

Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup, you’re def funnier than my grandma. ;)
RaeAnn recently posted..Having a voice

Noa January 24, 2012 at 12:46 am

Does your grandma draw? I’d like to see a comparison.

Mayor Gia January 20, 2012 at 6:41 am

Hahha great choice, as usual. LOVE the Kepler one. I wish I could incorporate “what if your wife orbits my dick” into my vocabularly, but I don’t think the set up is there very often. Also, no dick. Damnit.
Mayor Gia recently posted..Boyfriend’s Golf Game

Noa January 24, 2012 at 12:47 am

I’ve been using it all week. It works EVERYWHERE!

Sarah January 20, 2012 at 9:02 am

I love anyone who hates James Joyce as much as I do. We must stand united!
Sarah recently posted..Finding Joy

Noa January 24, 2012 at 12:47 am

I read all the letters once. It’s like a very old two girls one cup.

Tova January 20, 2012 at 10:49 am

Hey remember me? I used to comment all the time and then I got distracted and didn’t. Then today I was like OH I forgot to check my blogroll for like a month and there were SO MANY POSTS from you and it was awesome.
Tova recently posted..1/2 price jetpacks

Noa January 24, 2012 at 12:42 am

Welcome back, my Tova. Welcome back.

Also, fun fact, I once read a book where the author’s best friend was named Tova and she couldn’t stop raving about her red hair or her very large ass in spandex, verging on the point of homoerotica, and I’m sorry I have that connotation with your name.

Unless she was describing you. Then, hey! I loved that book!

Charity Woosley January 20, 2012 at 11:08 am

Now all I can think of is the plague. And my skin itches. Fuckity.
Charity Woosley recently posted..Eat the brown lettuce, you little fuck

Jen January 21, 2012 at 4:22 pm

I thought I had the plague last year but it was just food poisoning.
Jen recently posted.."Wheel! Of! FORTUNE!!!"

Noa January 24, 2012 at 12:49 am

@Charity: Speak of the Devil. Also, there’s a spider on your arm.

@Jen: Adrian thought he had it too, but it was just a very mild cold. Fucking men and their pussy illness.

Mandi E. January 20, 2012 at 11:29 am

Honestly, these ones fell a little flat for me. Not as much my style as “Least I Could Do.” I need more dick jokes to be really stimulated. (That’s what she said.)

I will admit that I cackled like a crack addled banshee over the plague rat though. I should probably quit after I finish this pot of coffee.
Mandi E. recently posted..WTF Friday: A week in pictures

Noa January 24, 2012 at 12:50 am

I hope you go through her archives a little–some of them are a little flat for me, too, but so many are so, so awesome.

Dana the Biped January 20, 2012 at 1:17 pm

I really like the way her sense of humor is like mine. You know, except that after I tell a joke, people just look at me and then remember that they are late for a dentist appointment or a vasectomy.
Dana the Biped recently posted..My Job Here is Done

Noa January 24, 2012 at 12:51 am

I assume it’s that way for her, too, but that’s difficult to convey through comics.

HeathRobots January 20, 2012 at 1:56 pm

I appreciate anyone who makes me laugh as she is educating me about historical perverts. Cause you know I googled James Joyce’s love letters, and they are hilariously quotable. The Valentine’s cards I send out this year will probably earn me some restraining orders.

Noa January 24, 2012 at 12:53 am

I just wish he had referenced pantaloons and buttholes more. If only.

Andi January 20, 2012 at 8:02 pm

I love Hark, a Vagrant! Did you know she has a book out? Yep! Kate Beaton is awesome sauce. Her James Joyce makes me laugh until I choke.
Andi recently posted..Kinda Sorta on Strike

Noa January 24, 2012 at 12:53 am

I am amazoning the SHIT out of that.

Jen January 21, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Have you seen her Nancy Drew series. The picture of Nancy throwing peanuts at the old people in the home is the stuff of legends. LEGENDS, I tell you!
Jen recently posted.."Wheel! Of! FORTUNE!!!"

Noa January 24, 2012 at 12:56 am

YES. I laughed so hard I cried at the peanuts gag. I love her so.

Loldri January 22, 2012 at 11:00 am

I was in the never heard of it camp but since every one of those above made me laugh I dont think it will take me long to become a fan
Loldri recently posted..Provisional Insurance

Noa January 24, 2012 at 12:58 am

Hooray! Enjoy reading.

elizabeth- flourishinprogress January 23, 2012 at 5:12 pm

I really enjoy that blog because I like pictures. Also, I don’t read so good and pictures help me out. Maybe that has something to do with it.
elizabeth- flourishinprogress recently posted..Monday Dare: How do you like them apples?

Noa January 24, 2012 at 12:59 am

I have to do a LOT of googling reading her comics. She’s too smart for me.