Letters to Insufferable Members of Society: Art Museum Assholes

05/16/2011 · 90 comments

in Letters to Insufferable Members of Society

Dear Art Museum Assholes:

Few things in life fill me with more rage than listening to people assign meaning to art where none is meant to be had, and you and your cargo shorts, Birkenstocks, and pseudo-Hawaiian shirt are certainly no exception.

Standing with you in the first room of this furniture exhibit, I knew it was going to be spectacular when you loudly informed your wife, “the table suggests fragility and strength, therefore I theorize that the artist was having marital issues at the time he crafted it, while feeling the need to be strong for his wife but fragile in her disdain.”

Bill Nye Agrees: You're an Asshole

It’s a motherfucking table, you twatwaffle. It even says so on that convenient plaque that you are too fucking awesome to read.

I couldn’t help myself following you/outright stalking you through the rest of that exhibit. You did not disappoint, with such gems as:

• “That chair’s clean lines represent the artist’s desire for a simpler life.” (No sir, that is a chair.)
  • “His liberal use of the thistle in textiles may represent sado-masochism.” (No sir, that is a placemat.)
  • “This lamp does a fantastic job in giving us a view of what his version of Heaven is.” (No sir, that is a chandelier.)
  • “This sample of wood here is awfully, yet heartily, phallic.” (No sir, that is a plank of wood, and you’re a fucking pervert.)

and my personal favorite:

• “The pattern of this staining on the bottom of the drawer is artfully arranged to elicit feelings of longing and want.” (No sir, those are stain samples.)

Bill Nye Thinks You're Talking Out Your Ass.

Your self-indulgent right-ness in how much you know about art is at the same time terrible and irresistibly hilarious. It was clear that your delirious narcissism had you believing that everyone would crowd around you, amazed by your ability to pull bullshit from your nutsack and sling in around it a professional-sounding manner. What made it sad was that your wife was the only one who cared.

And you really topped off the day when I stood in the gift shop, staring, giggling at a vase made of boobies in the gift shop and heard you approach.

Suddenly, Art.

“The socioeconomic stuggles of this artist had him long for the comforts of home, and even more touchingly…his mother.” (No sir, that’s a jar of tits.)

Let it go. Let it be art.

And shut the fuck up.

Love from,

Noa D. Gavin

Ever had a run-in with an Art Museum Asshole?

My favorite comments from the Last Post:
1. Kelly and her lovely new addition of “Twatwaffles” to my vocabulary.
2. and Jaclyn, for this delightful visual: “Now I’m thinking of all the atrocities that could be grocery store body paint. Ketchup? Sexy, sexy ketchup. How about some deli counter rice pudding? Watch out for those flies though!”

Meg May 16, 2011 at 2:57 am

As a former art major, I could see a few of my teachers in your Mr. Asshole. One of my professors gave a girl an F because she didn’t put used condoms in the ashtray in her final project. Most of the professors own work revolved around people in wheelchairs and hospital beds. I guess this made her deep. No wonder I didn’t finish college.

Noa May 16, 2011 at 3:01 am

Wait a minute…used condoms in a goddamn ashtray? What kind of bullshit are they teaching you art majors? No wonder you left. This comment just blew my fucking mind. I can’t thank you enough for that.

Meg May 16, 2011 at 6:51 am

This has been 20 years ago, but I will never forget reading my classmate’s critique and thinking our professor was fucking nuts. Everything I’ve created since leaving school has been because I wanted to and enjoyed doing it. None of it ever had to mean anything. Yes, a chair can just be a chair. And twatwaffle is my new favorite word.

Noa May 16, 2011 at 1:15 pm

Art for the sake of art is wonderful, as are twatwaffles.

puncturedbicycle May 16, 2011 at 5:42 am

Art Museum Asshole is one of my favourite people to eavesdrop on, in addition to His Wife Can’t Live Without His Pearls of Wisdom Asshole, and this guy is a delicious layered confection of both.

Noa May 16, 2011 at 1:17 pm

I didn’t even get to mention his daughter, “Not sure if you’re developmentally disabled or just kind of weird.”

hoodyhoo May 16, 2011 at 6:45 am

I freaking HATE those people. And I need you to come over here and help me get the lid off this jar of titties.
hoodyhoo recently posted..I Admit Defeat

Noa May 16, 2011 at 1:16 pm

You’ll need some alcohol to get the top off that jar.

Vinobaby May 16, 2011 at 6:52 am

That boob vase is not art. It looks like a tip jar at a strip club. And if any wife lets her husband buy and proudly display it in their home she needs to wake up and check his wallet for the cache of singles or hire a P.I. He is not to be trusted.

My Hubby was actually and art history minor. Luckily now he is just overjoyed with himself when he can actually remember the artist, forget about “deep meaning” or “inner symbolism” or any of that other wonky crap. And half the time I beat him to the artist/period anyway.

Cheers.
VB

Noa May 16, 2011 at 1:15 pm

It’s also $500, so if Adrian came home with that, he’d have to say goodbye to his balls. I’m glad you can own your husband in art museums–I’m so sadly lacking it’s not even funny.

Kirsten May 16, 2011 at 6:53 am

i take an oath to do my part in sharing the term twatwaffle with the universe. amen.
Kirsten recently posted..wtf wednesdays- how to be a goal-achieving whore

Noa May 16, 2011 at 1:14 pm

God would be proud.

Heidi May 16, 2011 at 7:38 am

My daughter is an art major and quite frequently, she comes home fuming b/c some professor wants her to EXPLAIN her project to him/her – give deeper meaning to the psyche of the piece or some such bullshit. She comes up with some tripe, but then answers him honestly here at home. “What does it MEAN? It means I want an A in your class, you vapid assmunch. You told me to draw it, I drew it, now give me my goddamned A.”

For the record, she’s a blast at art galleries. “Ayup. That’s a big ole’ jar o’ tits right there.”
Heidi recently posted..Chili Dump

Noa May 16, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Sometimes, it just is. it just exists, for no meaning other than you wanted to make it. Tell her to punch him right in the taint next time he says that.

Shane May 16, 2011 at 8:03 am

“fragile in her disdain”? Jesus, I’ve been thinking lately that I need to be more articulate and sophisticated in my writing, but I think I’ll just stick with clusterfuck and cocksucker. At least I can say those without looking like a big pussy.

Noa May 16, 2011 at 1:11 pm

Yeah, when you become a deranged art critic, it only adds to the pussification.

Fred Miller May 16, 2011 at 8:04 am

Motherhood is better represented by ruptured condoms. Not by tits.
Fred Miller recently posted..In the Future

Noa May 16, 2011 at 1:10 pm

It’s rare that I laugh so hard I can’t breathe, but this made me do so.

Jaclyn May 16, 2011 at 8:22 am

OMG Noa, remember how I told you about the game? You should have played the game with this guy. At first he would be all “wow, that girl is mesmerized by my intellect”. Then after a few minutes of you staring at him with your mouth open, he would be all “does that girl have some sort of mental handicap?”. Then, after a few more minutes, he would have left in a hurry, thinking “OMG that girl is going to follow me home and murder the shit out of me”. Also, it made my day that my comment was one of your favorites cause I’m a total Noa groupie :)
Jaclyn recently posted..CAKE!!!

Noa May 16, 2011 at 1:09 pm

HOLY SHIT HOW DID I NOT REMEMBER THAT? Grrr…that would have been so fun. Next time–I’m sure I can get it down. I’ll have Adrian record it. Keep posting funny comments–I love them!

Kelly May 16, 2011 at 9:08 am

I am no longer allowed in art museums due to thinking a “chair” was a chair and sitting on it with my ignorant ass. My banning came from my aunt, who resembles the Hawaiian shirt/Birkenstocks man minus a penis, add garden club. Ah, well. I still have the interwebz to look at pictures and wonder why they’re art when they look like a fingerpainting my toddler made last week.

ps – I’m going to need those Bill Nye jpegs to add some flair and panache to my final dissertation. I don’t like books without pictures.

pps – Your usage of twatwaffle is exemplary.
Kelly recently posted..Fat Ass Underpants Or lack thereof

Noa May 16, 2011 at 1:08 pm

Kelly, I must tell you that twatwaffle has caused quite the sensation. Thank you for sharing. Bill Nye is all yours–click on the pictures and you’ll see more that are even funnier. And seriously, when you fill a bathtub with christmas ornaments, I don’t think you get to call it art. That’s arranged hoarding.

Kelly May 16, 2011 at 1:22 pm

You are most welcome. It’s like my carbon footprint, but much safer than all the Aussie Mega Sprunch Spray I used on my wall of bangs in high school. I have a bag of those gems just waiting to be flung into the universe. My mom is proud.

And really, can’t A&E/TLC showcase the OCD Hoarders? Now THAT’s entertainment.
Kelly recently posted..Fat Ass Underpants Or lack thereof

Noa May 16, 2011 at 1:28 pm

Go google Kathy Griffin and the OCD show about baby throwing. Right now.

Kelly May 16, 2011 at 2:32 pm

Sweet. Baby. Jesus. Tell me that The OCD Project is on Netflix.

Speaking of KG, I was watching SVU reruns this morning, I MEAN PARENTING, when the episode where she plants one on Stabler came on. Holy Mother of Jealousy. I think I need a life-sized Stabler cardboard cut out. Not only is it eye candy, I can also use the HOV lane.
Kelly recently posted..Fat Ass Underpants Or lack thereof

Noa May 16, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Kathy Griffin was ludicrous on that episode, and not in the good way. Ridiculous.

Elly Lou May 16, 2011 at 9:20 am

“Jar of Tits” needs to be a band name. STAT.
Elly Lou recently posted..Ain’t Nothing Gonna Break-a My Uke

Noa May 16, 2011 at 1:06 pm

That would be a fantastic band name.

Kelly May 16, 2011 at 1:19 pm

I think it would be a great uke album title.
Kelly recently posted..Fat Ass Underpants Or lack thereof

Noa May 16, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Agreed.

Norway August 21, 2011 at 11:07 pm

Well, there is a song called Jar Of Hearts… They’re practicallyalmost the same thing!

elizabeth- flourish in progress May 16, 2011 at 9:49 am

Did we ever talk about that one time, I tried to go to a museum in LA, and I almost got kicked out because I tried to grab too many free samples of Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes? Turns out, they weren’t free samples AT ALL, but part of a modern art installation piece. Well, fuck me sideways, how the hell am I supposed to know? It looked like a tower of free samples. What am I? Psychic?
elizabeth- flourish in progress recently posted..When bad farts happen to good people

Noa May 16, 2011 at 1:05 pm

Hey, you show me free cereal, and I’m all hands. I would have done the same thing.

The Onion May 16, 2011 at 10:04 am

twatwaffle!

I haven’t met many who share my weird habit of talking to or continuing to stand near douchy people just so I can hear more, and maybe even blog about how talking to them sort of made my day. Let’s be friends for life.

Come on over to the Layers

The Onion May 16, 2011 at 10:07 am

My cat is a Twatwaffle…sorry for the repost.

Come on over to the Layers and read about my crazy classmate I see EVERYWHERE. Last month, he and discussed homosexuality in film while I juggled melons. http://alotoflayers.blogspot.com/2010/12/tis-season-tocatch-up-with-mentally-ill.html
The Onion recently posted..Naked Overshare Alert

Noa May 16, 2011 at 1:04 pm

I can’t resist following people around when they want to make an ass of themselves, because when it all comes slamming to the ground, I want to witness it. There’s a sort of fucked up beauty about it.

Tova May 16, 2011 at 10:35 am

I had a literature teacher with this same mentality. Daisy wearing a white dress in the Great Gatsby? ITS JUST SO SHE ISN’T NAKED.
Tova recently posted..Le Bot

Andi May 16, 2011 at 11:07 am

I have a BA in English and I would often sit through dissections of lit with the same thought. I bet those artists would spin in their graves — with laughter — if they could hear what all the twatwaffles say about their work.
Andi recently posted..Sci Fi Sunday

Noa May 16, 2011 at 12:56 pm

Right?!? Literature is the worst about that-I know that sometimes the written word is an allegory, but for fuck’s sake–sometimes, it’s just a story.

Noa May 16, 2011 at 12:59 pm

Bam–and that’s all it means. Doesn’t mean she’s virginal, doesn’t mean she’s a bride or sad or riddled with pneumonia, it means she doesn’t like to be nude.

Jean May 16, 2011 at 10:48 am

We have something at the office we refer to as the DLOTU tribe – the Douche Lords of the Universe. If someone is a fully-fledged member of the DLOTU tribe, they are to be avoided at all costs. Spotting them is easy, but there are different categories. The faux-hipsters are the hardest to deal with, and they can be spotted wearing skinny, cuffed jeans with a fedora. Others are in their fifties and still wear their high school class rings. I am trying to decide which category your art critic would fall into.

Noa May 16, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Oh my goodness–The Douche Lords of the Universe. That is amazing.

Andi May 16, 2011 at 11:03 am

I can’t stop wondering, where is this art museum that sounds like an IKEA?

I am now filled with a strange desire to spend an afternoon wandering around IKEA and making random pronouncements. “The lines in this chair prove that the designer was thinking of sadomasochism! The color of this duvet is directly related to the artist’s desire to return to the womb!” I could even bring my husband along to gaze adoringly at me. Of course, we always fight at IKEA but I could incorporate that into the piece. Call it performance art.

See, I came up with all of this and I’ve never even been to art school. I’m a freaking genius.
Andi recently posted..Sci Fi Sunday

Noa May 16, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Did you know that hipsters have parties in Ikea displays now? When you go and talk about how that chair represents death, can you punch one of them for me?

Andi May 16, 2011 at 1:53 pm

WHAT?!? Oh God, that’s so meta my brain hurts. Consider a hipster punched for you. In fact, I’ll punch one for myself too. Maybe I’ll take requests and hand out programs, like the program insert some churches do for Easter Lilies. “Easter Lilies on the altar are in memory of blah blah.” Except it will be, “Hipster punched at the request of X.” I think this could be quite popular.
Andi recently posted..Sci Fi Sunday

Noa May 16, 2011 at 8:43 pm

I can’t wrap my brain around what you just said, but my God it was awesome.

Theresa May 16, 2011 at 11:15 am

I need a Jar of Tits, big time. You are fucking hilarious.

@Andi I agree. Noa were you in IKEA by mistake?
Theresa recently posted..Momma’s Caption Contest

Noa May 16, 2011 at 12:55 pm

Jar of tits was fantastic. Also, $500. Hand to God. And, sadly, no–I was not in IKEA, I was in a real furniture exhibit at the DMA. Endless excitement.

Bryn May 16, 2011 at 11:19 am

I am a student at an art college now, and we have an art museum right outside our school. I find your post completely offensive and very wrong….HA no just kidding! I see those people all the time and you are totally right! The best one I have seen is this group of visitors at our school walked up to this illustration hanging on the wall and said, “The way this girl is flying one this creature gives you a sense of an abused home life.” The illustration was of a girl riding on this kickass future air bike eating apples. I knew the kid that drew it and it was just supposed to be apart of a video game. I followed them until I thought I would throw up.

Noa May 16, 2011 at 12:54 pm

I love hearing from Art students that what these douchebags say is all bullshit. It lends validity to the fact that everyone talking about meaning in an art museum is an asshole.

Chunky Mama May 16, 2011 at 12:42 pm

No art museum run-ins, but I am pretty sure if we had a jar full of tits my husband would never leave the house.
Chunky Mama recently posted..Everyday Nonsense

Noa May 16, 2011 at 12:53 pm

Adrian couldn’t stop staring it it. I thought I saw him fondle it at one point.

Eustice The Sheep May 16, 2011 at 2:00 pm

Oh they’re everywhere aren’t they? I had a knock-down-drag-out with a pompous English professor over “interpreting” poetry… I was writing poetry back then and I really resented the notion that only HE knew the intended meaning of long-dead-dewds poem. Why couldn’t it mean something different to everyone? I sure knew my poetry did! Nothing like reading something at an open mic night and having someone come and tell me a poem, intended as simple verbal imagery, had layers of deep intense meaning to them. Then again, I recently had a field day talking to someone who had judged an art show…

Noa May 16, 2011 at 8:43 pm

ONLY professors could EVER know about what artists, including yourself are thinking. Because they have degrees. And wear cardigans. So there.

Dangerboy May 16, 2011 at 2:05 pm

Wow, what a douchemuppet. I never did get how people could read so much into art where it just doesn’t exist…
Critic: “This piece really speaks of longing, of love lost, of an requited obsession.”
Artist: “I used this piece of wood because it reminded me of a duck.”

Hell, I got married in the local art museum, I’d love to hear this jackwagon’s take on our wedding.
Dangerboy recently posted..The Velveeta Vault- 80s Cartoon Heroes

Noa May 16, 2011 at 8:41 pm

I love that you used Jackwagon. Our local art museum was going to charge us $5000 for an hour of a room that had nothing at all in it. They’re all pretentious assholes.

Mandi May 16, 2011 at 2:11 pm

Listen to Mr. Asshole’s explanation, tilt head and say “huh… the artist was my uncle and he said that he made it to psychologically trigger men with small willies to start spewing the verbal equivalent of a Ferrari to compensate. Weird.” and walk away. Or just put a “kick me” sign on his back….

Also, was the jug of jugs supposed to be an art project? Because some poor student may have misheard “You should probably just work at a titty bar” as “You should make a titty jar”

Noa May 16, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Jug of jugs just made me smile. That whole second paragraph made me smile. You bitches are making this favorite comment shit hard.

Rosa May 16, 2011 at 2:15 pm

Twatwaffle! My new favorite word. It just replaced douchecanoe. And if you can work Bill Nye using the f-bomb into any conversation, then it’s a damn good day! Nicely done. I don’t have any art museum run-ins, but my graduate school psych professors were some of the craziest fuckers I’d ever met. Sometimes, a dream is just a dream. It doesn’t ALWAYS necessarily mean that you want to have sex with a family member, or a dog, or a family member’s dog.

Noa May 16, 2011 at 8:36 pm

Hooray Twatwaffle! Psych is a strange field–it’s either full of people who are very smart, or people who are completely awful.

Anon May 16, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Oooh, do Whole Foods customers next.

Noa May 16, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Brilliant.

ThePittsofBeingPeachy May 16, 2011 at 2:21 pm

Friday I attended my daughters graduation from the University. We sat for 27 minutes listening to the resume/introduction/life story of the keynote speaker. My 10 year old looked at me and said, ” is that person running for president? why did they need to tell us all of that, who cares? aren’t were here for a graduation?”.. uhm hell yeah… Then, we sat through 75 PHD’s in Philosophy. Yes, you heard me. To which again my 10 year old said, ” what do you do with that degree?” ” my husband said, “frame it” I said, ” when they can’t afford toilet paper they can wipe their ass with it.” Apparently now we know they can impress their wives with the “socioeconomic stuggles of artist”
ThePittsofBeingPeachy recently posted..A nut in the hand is better than 2 in the Bush

Noa May 16, 2011 at 8:35 pm

Your 10 year old is smarter than approximately 3/4 of the staff at that university.

Ninja Mom May 16, 2011 at 4:59 pm

I would pay to have you escort me to a poetry slam so we could heckle the poets. Oh the fun, fun times.
Ninja Mom recently posted..Catching some Zzzs at Naps Happen

Noa May 16, 2011 at 8:33 pm

I’m for hire. Or, for sexual favors and booze, utterly free.

Ninja Mom May 17, 2011 at 6:41 am

I will pay you in camaraderie. It’s priceless.
Ninja Mom recently posted..Catching some Zzzs at Naps Happen

Noa May 17, 2011 at 8:12 pm

That comeback alone makes me want to know you.

Geoffrey May 16, 2011 at 5:14 pm

I always wondered what philosophy and art-history majors did in the “real world.” I guess they just go around to art museums trying to make useful people feel ignorant (or infuriated).
Geoffrey recently posted..Gravity is Bad for Your Health

Noa May 16, 2011 at 8:33 pm

From the comments I’m getting, it’s not even the art history or philosophy majors–it’s just random douchebags. That’s the more sad part of it.

Johi May 16, 2011 at 6:03 pm

I went to Art School and never once created work that was driven by a subconscious desire for something else. Maybe that is why I sucked. A little more Freud and a little less “I like that. It’s pretty.” would really come in handy when I need to have a superiority complex.
Almost all of my professors were narcissists who only liked and praised the students who created the exact same way that they did. Ahhh, special memories. I need a drink.
Johi recently posted..Now- thats just not right

Noa May 16, 2011 at 8:31 pm

Wouldn’t that be fun? To get absolutely shithoused and go make fun of art? Oh…new memories.

Margo May 16, 2011 at 9:49 pm

First time posting! On any blog ever. And I read quite a few. Exciting.
Not so much an Art Museum Asshole story, but more of a spotter in training.
As an art major myself I had to visit museums on a semi-regular basis. This one exhibit I was walking through was of black and white photographs of blank walls, I shit you not. I observed a woman and her daughter who couldn’t have been older than 5.
“Mommy, how is this art??”
” I don’t know”
I think I actually started to laugh out loud. Nice to know that even at such a young age she can spot the bullshit. Woman must be raising her daughter right.

Oh, and twatwaffle is now too, one of my favorite words. Right next to kerfuffle, spaghettification, and defenestrate, only because of the sound it makes coming out of one’s mouth (douche-canoe also is a part of that list).

Noa May 17, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Hooray! I get to take your virginity! I’ll be rough and terrible.

That kid is awesome. Someone give her a titty jar.

Kimberly May 16, 2011 at 10:14 pm

You just described my MOTHER. And while I love her dearly, she’s one of those pretentious idiots who has to make something outta nothing. Ugh.

Excellent post. I’ll be chuckling my way through the my next museum visit!
Kimberly recently posted..Cultivating the Manscape

Noa May 17, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Thank you! Make sure not to take your mom with you.

Annie May 16, 2011 at 10:21 pm

“Twatwaffle” is official my new favorite word

Noa May 17, 2011 at 8:12 pm

Use it well, then, not-a-twatwaffle. Use it well.

Rachael May 17, 2011 at 11:53 am

Oh, god, I know these people. The worst part is when they write the plaques that go on the wall next to the piece of art. I was at the Andy Warhol museum over the weekend and saw a canvas he’d painted with copper paint and had a bunch of artists piss on it to see what the piss would do to the copper paint and whether each one would be different. The plaque next to it explained, “This is symbolic of the alchemists of the renaissance, who took basic metals and turned them into beautiful gold: here, Warhol takes something basic (piss) and turns it into something beautiful–art.” Or something like that.

Actually, Warhol just wanted some people to piss on a canvas. THAT’S ALL. And that thing about alchemists? Yeah, they never actually pulled it off. Good job, pretentious plaque-writing asshole.
Rachael recently posted..Horrible Medical Advice of the Week- Preventative Euthanasia

Noa May 17, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Warhol made no sense, ever. That’s what was so cool about his work. Leave the piss be, art museum assholes, leave it be.

Lady B May 17, 2011 at 1:43 pm

This post elicits the same amount of rage I’ve developed regarding Lady Gaga.
I get it, you think you’re awesome.
Personally, I think someone should slap the shit out of you and remind you that everything you vomit isn’t solid gold.

Everyone needs someone in their life to remind them they are an idiot.

Thankfully, pretty much everyone I know has taken that role to heart.
Lady B recently posted..I’m a terrible blogger but at least I know that orange is not my colour

Noa May 17, 2011 at 8:03 pm

Oh GaGa. I have a soft spot on my heart for her and her ridiculous bullshit–but probably that same soft spot I have for Art Museum Assholes now that I think about it. I just love a good shitshow.

Tracy May 17, 2011 at 2:41 pm

This isn’t art, but maybe it’s similar. There was this woman in my English 100 class waaay back when. We had to read this poem about a black horse and a white horse standing in a field and this lady had all kinds of theories on how this was about racism or class warfare or a PETA statement. I suggested it was about two horses standing in a field. Apparently – according to the instructor, who freaked the hell out on me – poetry isn’t meant to be taken literally. I still think the poet just liked horses.
Tracy recently posted..The Fires

Noa May 17, 2011 at 8:02 pm

GRRR, literature assholes make me even more angry. A story CAN be just a story, a poem CAN be just a poem. Have the ever read Leonard Nimoy’s poetry? I can guarantee there is no deeper thought there.

raccoon. May 17, 2011 at 7:48 pm

I literally read all of your blog posts in about two days. My eyes are about to fall out of my head, but you are one funny bitch. :)

Noa May 17, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Well thank you! Take a break though, you need your eyes.

Melodie February 26, 2013 at 12:21 pm

In our freshmen year of high school two of my friends were kicked out of and banned from the Dallas Museum of Art because they walked through an INTERACTIVE. ART. PIECE.

IT WAS LITERALLY JUST CANDY STREWN ABOUT ON THE FUCKING GROUND AND THE SIGN SAID TO WALK THROUGH IT AND SPREAD IT AROUND. SO THAT’S WHAT THEY FUCKING DID.

And then they got kicked out and ruined the field trip for everybody. What the fuck?

(Sorry this isn’t about a Museum Asshole. Don’t go to museums enough apparently. Should probably remedy that.)

{ 3 trackbacks }