Funny Bitch Friday: Regretsy

03/18/2011 · 10 comments

in Funny Bitch Friday

It’s not the ridiculous amount of whimsicle fuckery that’s featured on Regretsy that makes the site funny, it’s April Winchell’s (Helen Killer’s) biting satire and criticism.

She bites hard into people exploiting Etsy and it’s geniune buyers and artists by making/selling shit like this:

She also tends to buy a large amount of what she makes fun of, at the same time tearing them apart and supporting what they do. That’s some balls, y’all. She’s comfortable with people throwing the criticism right back at her, not ever taking her project so seriously that she won’t listen in return.

But in spite of the criticism she receives for making fun of some “art,” she is also notorious for sticking up for the the the Etsy artists when those who steal rear their ugly copyright infringing heads, and the Etsy management turns their hipster eyes away. Such as:

Help out, if you can, by reporting the stores that you know straight-up steal. Stealing is bullshit, but funny lasts forever. Support the cause, read the blog, and never, never apologize for your art.

elizabeth- flourish in progress March 18, 2011 at 3:16 pm

Regretsy is bomb ass diggity. They crack me up…almost as much as you do.
elizabeth- flourish in progress recently posted..My mom doesnt think youre smart

Noa March 18, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Truer words.

kaye March 18, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Yes another site to spend hours on! Angry Birds will have to be put on hold for this…I can’t believe I haven’t been fired yet. Lol
kaye recently posted..Friday!

Noa March 18, 2011 at 5:45 pm

Once they see you visit Regretsy at work, I’ll be surprised if you aren’t fired.

Coco March 18, 2011 at 5:27 pm

The only two blogs that I read every post for sure are Regretsy & OH, Noa. Cause they’re always always entertaining.
Coco recently posted..Zombie Squirrel tries to kill Hubby

Noa March 18, 2011 at 5:45 pm

That was, in all honesty, probably the nicest thing I’ve ever heard. Thank you.

Bloggertobenamedlater March 19, 2011 at 10:53 am

I love Regretsy and check it daily. She is an awesome addition. Also, thanks for calling out the thieves. I will make a point to report the stores noted.
Bloggertobenamedlater recently posted..Bracketology- Zoe picks

Noa March 20, 2011 at 8:28 pm

Thanks for the support in the anti-cheating!! Regretsy is fantastic.

Jordan March 19, 2011 at 5:25 pm

Regresty is hilarious. I do rather miss Homemade Hilarity though. It does infuriate me when people steal though. Just get comfortable with not being creative, you know?
Jordan recently posted..Bible Translations for Jesus Children- Nightclubs and Bouncers

Noa March 20, 2011 at 8:29 pm

Copyright infringement makes me rageful as well–just let artists be artists!